Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Another lazy day today. But productive: I got the laundry done. Exciting, huh?
Glenn continues to be extremely exhausted. We are curious to see what his labs are in the morning at his appointment. I can't imagine that they could be very good, considering how tired he is. Swelling has gone down a bit since he got started back on lasix, but has a ways to go to get back to normal. He had enough energy to make himself take a shower today. That should give you an idea of how tired he is. When I commented on the fact that his beard hadn't grown out much, he said he didn't have the energy to grow a beard. I thought that was a good one worth noting.
Staying at the Hope Lodge is bad for my health: we had a home made meal of garden grown corn, black-eyed peas, okra and tomatoes, eggplant casserole, porcupine meatballs, watermelon, cantelope. pear halves stuffed with some kind of white cream stuff,  banana pudding, Boston cream pie, brownies, apple dumplings, ummm, I think that's all. And, of course, sweet tea. How do you not overeat with all that food served? And you can't just choose one dessert. You have to try a little of each one. We are lucky to be at the Hope Lodge at same time some good Southern cooks are also here.
Now I go to rub Glenn's back and neck to put him to sleep.

...yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
                               Habakkuk 3: 18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment