Friday, June 12, 2015

Kind of at a stand still

Today Glenn had a pretty busy day. He had 4 different departments come to get him or do something with him all at noon: physical therapy, dialysis, respiratory therapy, x-ray.  X-ray and dialysis won out. He had a chest x-ray and then went to dialysis. I took the opportunity to run home and to do a couple things. He is making some progress but also seems to not be moving forward in other things. His blood count is staying low. He was supposed to get blood and platelets while he was in dialysis but there was a mix up and he  never got it. He'll probably get it tonight during the night. His blood count is low enough that he shouldn't get up and walk in the hall because he could easily pass out, but he really needs to for his recovery to go quicker. I have been getting him up just to stand and to sit in the chair.  But we have to time it for when he isn't having something done or isn't worn out. Kind of a catch 22 situation.  I shudder think of how he would be doing if I wasn't here. That's not bragging, it's just true. I  guess I'm saying all that to say I'm concerned that he isn't farther along in his recovery and is regressing a little in some ways. He's a little mentally slipping, although he is aware of that himself. I am trying to be his advocate without being a pain. Things need to turn around in order for him to get out of here. So that's where we are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment