Sunday, June 14, 2015

Finally a match

Finally Glenn got 2 units of blood today. It took 2 days for them to find a match because he has either a lot of or a rare antigen, (I don't know which) that was difficult to match. He still has a fair amount of pain from the surgery. We haven't been able to walk him in the hall because his blood count is so low that he could pass out if he got up to walk. He has been up sitting in the chair and standing for a few minutes at a time. He has the hiccups for hours at a time. The surgeon said it could be because of the diaphragm having been irritated in surgery. We don't really know what is causing it.
My kids are concerned that I am going to "hit a wall" at any time. I imagine some of you may be thinking the same thing. But I'm really not at that point yet and I plan to stay here while he is here. Our daughter might come down and stay with her dad to get me out of here for a while.
I know we will be here tomorrow (Monday) at least and most likely Tuesday. From there I don't know.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment