Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Yesterday after we got home from the G'ville ER and  I got everything unpacked, Glenn took his temp and it was higher than it had been the previous day. So I called G'ville to find out  what we should do and we were told to go to our local ER. So guess what we did! We did what we were told this time. It was still crazy busy in the ER, but I had asked the PA in G'ville to call ahead and tell them that he needed to be seen right away. So we did have to wait a while but they understood the situation and got us into a  room as soon as they could.  We spent a second night in the ER and we were told early on that he would definitely be admitted. They ran several tests and started the IV antibiotics while we were there before we got to a room upstairs. So they are continuing to do many different tests to try to determine where there is infection. So far, no source has been found. His temp has gone down and he is feeling better but they will continue the IV antibiotics, though we don't know for how long. Unfortunately, for the second time we had to cancel the surgery for the fistula that was to take place tomorrow, and he really needs to get that done because his kidney function is at dialysis level now. He may end up having to have a "central line" placed to do the dialysis before the fistula can be placed and healed. The concern there is that those can easily be introduced to infection which can quickly lead to sepsis. But it may have to be the route we use until a fistula can be placed and matured. This is where God shines: where we have our backs against the wall. So, with your prayers, we will be able to put off the dialysis. until the fistula is ready to be used.  Already Glenn has stayed off dialysis months longer than was expected And that is a result of all your prayers for him. So there is your new prayer request challenge.
Glenn's sister is doing much better and is off the ventilator, although still in ICU. His mother hasn't had any more problems arise from her fall. His sister says Martha has a pretty bad black eye and bruising on one side of her face. But she seems to be back to her normal self.
Thank you all so much for your concern and for faithfully keeping up with Glenn through this blog and your prayers. That has made this experience so much easier than it could have been. I'll be back again soon to keep you all up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment