Monday, October 3, 2011

What changes? Which meds? How much? Whew it's confusing.

My head is still spinning. Glenn had his regular chemo treatments today. He's fine, don't worry. It's just all these numbers: labs, chemistry, medication, dates. And it's getting frustrating that the oncologists and nephrologist are not communicating like they are supposed to be. We get labs done at one place and they don't send them to the others so it's no wonder his meds keep getting changed. The oncologist says to stop taking this and that, and the nephrologist puts him back on the same meds. His meds get changed about twice a week, and we neither one can keep up, even though I write it all down. It's hard to know whether treatment is effective, with all this miscommunication. I need a good night's sleep, and then to take some time studying all this and see if I can make heads or tails of it all, and see if I can come up with a way for there to be good continuity of care for Glenn.

1 comment:

  1. That just makes my brain want to EXPLODE!

    ReplyDelete