Monday, November 28, 2011

Post-test report

I wish you all could experience what I'm seeing: Glenn is still feeling the effects of the Ativan. He keeps saying, "This is weird,...... really weird........strangely weird....... weird weird". I tell him HE'S weird. We went to G'ville today for some testing, including a bone marrow biopsy and he convinced them that he needed an extra dose of drug because he was so apprehensive about it. They really didn't want to give him the extra dose but he wouldn't stop about it so he got it. He also had to get some potassium because it was really low again. We won't know results from the tests until later in the week. I'll let you know what we find out.
Glenn got his first check for disability, YEA!!! God is soooo good! Little did we know when all this began that he would be legally disabled. We thought he would have the transplant, recover for a few months then get back to normal. But God has other plans, as we are finding out, little by little. I think, though, that he would agree with me that there has been MUCH more good and positive than bad and negative. Anyway, I will let you know what we find out when we find it out. Right now I have to give a foot rub.

1 comment:

  1. Good for Glenn nagging for more drugs! I'm glad you got them.
    why shouldn't you??

    I had to threaten to give my mom her tranquilizers from my purse once when we were in the ER if the nurse didn't give her some. She didn't want to have to call the doctor at home for permission so I gave her that ultimatum.
    Sorry it hat to come to that, but it worked REAL fast! (a little method I learned from a friend who had taken care of her elderly mother.) Might need that one down the road....

    I hope you enjoyed your foot rub! Who gives Nurse Eda hers???

    Love you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete