Friday, July 8, 2011

How's Glenn doing, you ask?

Glenn had labs done today and he was so relieved that he didn't have to have a blood transfusion. We will have to go every week to have his labs checked to monitor how he is doing. I think we might be able to find out next week how his kidney function is doing and possibly if the treatment has had an effect on his disease based on  tests that he turned in a specimen for today.
I've given him a little nudge to get out more, so one day we went to the bank and the grocery store, neither of which is busy so he could go to those places since there weren't crowds there. When he goes in anywhere he always has a mask and hat on, and often he wears his sunglasses. When we went into the bank, even though they know him, he looked enough like a bank robber that it scared one of the girls thinking they were going to be robbed! She was frozen for a few seconds until one of the other women said hello to him and said his name. Priceless! I also got him to go out another day to the new club house here, where we live, for him to get his own private tour, (from me. It is actually very impressive and I recommend anyone in our age group to come and see it and the neighborhoods here as well.)
I have detected a very tiny growth of hair on his head, not that can be seen unless you look at his head from  side angle. Can't tell what color it is yet or if it's curly or straight. But I'll keep you posted on that development.
As an aside, we now have all three of our kids living here in town as Joey got home from California and out of the Army this past week. One of the many good things about that is that I will get to see our granddaughter more often now and I can send her home with her daddy when I'm done playing with her! I love spending time with her, she is so much fun to be around! But she also tires me out being so busy ALL the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment